Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Sllllow Down!

So, I'm not sure if I told you anyone, but my Physics lab partner is married. I found that kind of weird because well... I don't have that many married friends or even friends contemplating marriage right now. Anyway, the story is he was in the military and paid his dues so now he's back in school 6 years later. I think it's great that he's doing that but he actually doesn't have much to do with the story. There's a girl who sit's across from me and she's our age... and I found out a few days ago that she's married and has a kid.... wait back up... WHAT?! Yeah, I said it. She was on the phone with her husband after lab was over and she was like oh make sure (daugher's name) is ready to go to the pool and then we can take her to piano lessons. This just blew my mind. I can't imagine being her trying to balance schoolwork and a family. It's hard enough fo rme as it is and I'm just one person, being selfish. Imagine having to look after 2 other people?! That's insane. I mean i'm sure she's happy, but I could never EVER do that... at least not right now. It's weird... you normally don't meet too many people in college that are married and I think it's funny that the only two people in my lab session that are work with me. I also think this freaks me out like no other because in the back of my mind I know my friends will be getting married in the near future and it's kind of weird to think about. It's like we're an an axis - a juxtaposion of young and old and I never thought I'd ever be here, but I find that I am. I'm on the verge of 20! 20! And I know that according to most people's standard's that's still really young... but I think back to when I was little and I used to think that 20 was so grown up - that 20 comes with so much responsibility. I can't believe I'm practically there. It's kind of scary, but it's so completely exciting at the same time. I have a huge year coming up - I'm looking forward to it, but I'm terrified at the same time. Also... think about what people do in their 20's... they graduate, (some go to grad school), they get jobs, they get married, start families, pay taxes, move out, buy homes, join the working class. Wow... this is what we have to look forward to you guys. Are you completely terrified? - I am.

No comments: