Friday, June 02, 2006

Sorry, we close at 8

Fisch and I have decided we'd be good workout buddies so for the first time this summer and hopefully the first of many, we got motivated enough to go to the gym. The last time I was there, I had a trainer so this time, the training wheels were off and I had to figure out what I wanted to do. We got there around 6:30 and I started off by running 2.5 miles and then rowing for half an hour and then running another 2.5 miles. What I really wanted to do afterwards was get into the weight room and do some ab workouts but as Fisch joined me in running at the end of his workout, two staff members came up to us and told us that the gym closed at 8! What?! During the school year, it doesn't close until 10... we had gotten so motivated and were doing so well until our fitness dreams were crushed.

Anyway, the good thing is - I can feel it in my legs. They are already sore. I will probably not be so happy int he morning when I wake up to a body that hurts to move but you know what I mean right? It's that burn of accomplishment... I guess that's the best way I can describe it. I find it hard to motivate myself to go to the gym so I always have to go with somebody or else I won't do it. And once you're there you can't just NOT do anything the after-gym feeling is one of the best. Fisch and I were talking about this on the drive home - you feel so accomplished because you got it over with... not thinking that you have to get motivated all over again the next day. :: sigh:: Ha ha, it's good that he's here though. On the way home we stuck half our bodies out of the car and "flew" - for some reason it came to mind and I brought it up and was like hey, did you ever pretend to fly as a kid and stick most of your body out of the window with your arms out? And he gave me this look and we immediately did just that right then... good times.

I guess summer here isn't so bad afterall.

No comments: