Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I don't hate it!

Via Dylan, a "how to" of a guy who turned his NES controller into a Cell Phone. I think it's pretty awesome. If I could do it I would... but sadly I do not have my NES system anymore as my mom sold it without my permission at a yardsale for $50! A priceless memory of my childhood that provided hours of beautiful entertainment... GONE. Thanks. At least I still have my teddy bear speaker phone... apparently it's worth a lot now. My sister and I are currently fighting over custody of it. Anyway, all that is besides the point. Check out how to make your own NES cell phone here!

In other news... Kathryn comes in tomorrow! Yesssss! I only have one class and it ends at 11 so I should be getting out right as she's coming in - perfect! I am so excited - can you tell? She's one of those friends who you never lose touch with. Even if you guys don't talk to each other for months, the second that you do, it's like nothing's changed. I love that about her. I've been really homesick lately and it'll be so nice to see a familiar face. I also want to show her "fun" Blacksburg (and yes, there is such thing). The itinerary includes a trip to Bollo's, definately a trip to Shesha, perhaps some margarita's at El Rods or maybe some gin and tonics here instead. I'm leaning towards the gin and tonics. I've got dinner planned (I'm making it) but I'm not sure what to do for lunch yet. I want to take her out somewhere... I haven't decided yet, but I'm swaying towards "Cabo Fish Taco" - Okay so apparently the food is better than the name of the restaurant. Everyone I've talked to wants to give up their first child for the food here so I'm assuming it's good. My personal trainer is also obsessed - I think he might be working there now so who knows... tomorrow will tell. But needless to say, I am super super super excited and I cannot wait. She will be a nice sigh of relief after taking a physics test. :) Can't wait.

No comments: