Monday, June 12, 2006

Visitors!!!

This weekend was great. It was work weekend for the boys of Phi Sig so... Tommy and Todd made the trek down 81 to fix up their house and make it livable for Fall 2006. I was so excited to see them. :) Todd was especially excited because he wanted to go to Joe's Diner (as did I). In Blacksburg, Joe's is known for it's shitty service but pretty amazing food at 2am. Well... what we didn't know was that a lot of places downtown shut down for the summer (go figure) but Todd and I figured... no way, not Joes! It's a 24 hour diner and it's tradition after a good night so of COURSE they had to stay open. We decided Friday night that we wanted to beat the rush so we made our hommage to Joe's around 12am only to see that their 24-hour diner sign lied because the lights were off and there was a huge sign in the door that said CLOSED! We were defeated. It was a really sad moment in the history of Joe's Diner night journeys. :( The next day the Phi Sig guys came out with me to Shesha after they drank and we got some hookas and played chess and connect 4. Nerdy, I know... but completely fun. I had a really good time with them. I also randomly saw Brandon and Travis downtown this weekend and they let me know that they were here this summer too so now I'm pretty excited because I actually know a few people! :) Today my good friend Kathryn called me saying she was going to be visiting me this Thursday! I am so completely thrilled. She's like a sister to me and she's leaving for Spain in about 2 weeks and even though I got to see her in New York when I was there, I never really got some 1 on 1 time with her. So now I have that to look forward to. She told me on her flight from Newark to Atlanta her pilot played the harmonica and it was awesome. The last time something like that happened to me on a plane was when I was flying to LA and there was a boyband (or a hopeful boyband) moving to LA in hopes to make it big (to my knowledge, they never did) but they did sing for us. That was pretty interesting. I think things like this should happen more often. It would definately make a memorable flight. Okay so back to Kathryn coming... I'm not sure what I have planned for us yet but I know it involves downtown and Bollos and Shesha and lots of 1 on 1 time. I'm stoked. Also... I'm going home this weekend for Father's Day to surprise my dad! I can't wait. I'm already looking forward to this week and it hasn't even begun yet.

No comments: