Sunday, January 02, 2005

It's because I can spell Konfusion with a K and like it... it's to dying in another's arms and why I had to try it, it's to Jimmy Eat World and all those nights in my car...

Goodbye 2004. Hello new start. I'm not going to make any resolutions this year, because every year I make resolutions and I never follow through. I mean it's hard to try to get down to the size of an Olsen Twin in 2 weeks. And anorexia is not fun so... this year is not going to be about making promises (to myself or to others) that I cannot keep. I think it's funny that people make resolutions... the year has not even started yet, there's nothing that need's to be "resolved" if you haven't even experienced what is to come. It's like you're assuming that you're destined for failure when you make resolutions for a year that has not even begun yet. You can promise to do things differently, sure, but too many people make resolutions that go a little something like this, "This year I will not date guys that treat me badly" - Well, if you do that you're just assuming you won't meet a decent guy and that all guys will treat you badly... see? It doesn't make sense, we make resolutions based on the asumption that we'll get fat or we'll date sketchy people etc. and why? So this year, I'm putting an end to my resolutions... well maybe except for this one. I'm just going to take things as they come and embrace anything, everything that happens to me this year. Love the ups and the downs and always take the downs with a grain of salt. And that is my "resolution" - I can't help if bad things happen... okay well maybe I can in some cases, but in most cases like natural disaster, I can't so with that... I'll go on to telling you about my New Years celebratory activities...

Konfused...with a K... part I.

Okay so for New Years, as many of you know, I went on a Roadtrip with Rach and Christy (together we make 1/4 of our Tennis Team) to Christy's appartment in Charlottesville because some of her friends were coming back to Charlottesville to celebrate the New Year. So I had two options, stay at home, hang out with Carson, watch the ball drop or go on a roadtrip. I picked roadtrip. So anyway, we go to Charlottesville and we do dinner at Baja then we had some friends come over (Sam and Kenneth), watched some movies, went to PSP which was a lot of fun. Got a little buzz going, met Christy's infamous "awesome-hug giver" friend, Steve who was really frikin tall... and hung out the rest of the night, did the ball drop thing. Then Steve gave us a ride home and he stayed to watch more movies with us until 3am or so. Good times. I love these kids. Then the next morning we got up at around 3ish, went to Panera and got some awesome food, did a bit of shopping, took a tour of UVA's campus, and went to the downtown mall which I LOVE and just browsed since not much was open. :( The downtown mall is awesome because it's very artsy and indie... right up my alley eh? No, but it's got a great vibe to it, it's like Main Street in Blacksburg with the Reston Town Center layout. It's a nice place. If I lived in Charlottesville I think I would go everyday. Anyway, afterwards, we were spent, came back, ordered pizza, had a National Lampoon's mini marathon and watched Animal House and Van Wilder. Christy's friends Jordan and Brad (B. Rad) came over during Van Wilder, and watched with us then taught us how to play Halo which was AWESOME. Even though B.Rad shot me like 8 times and it wasn't fair because I kept getting stuck in corners and he'd come up to me while my viewfinder was screwed up and then shoot me in the face or just chop me in half or run me over with his vehicle. Great thanks B.Rad. Not fair. Anyway, Rach, Christy and I stopped playing because we sucked so badly and Jordan and Brad had a competition and Jordan won... he was definately the underdog because B.Rad had been kicking everyone's ass for awhile so I was glad that he won. But B.Rad isn't a jerk he did let me kill him a few times just for kicks. Then later that night meaning like at 2am Eric came over and talked until he was half asleep and left. It was good times. Then this morning we got up and met up with Kenneth at this place called Italian Villa, grabbed some brunch (I had crepes... that wern't very authentic, booo!) and then parted ways and roadtriped back to the good old LoCo, Va. (LoCo = Loudoun, go tell your friends, start a trend!).

Ladies and Gentlemen... part II

THE CONUNDRUM!

Anyway, here's where the Konfusion comes in. As mujch as I HATE to admit this because, I do love the Hokies, I definately think that UVA guys are > Tech guys.... Maybe it was just the guys that I met last night, but pretty much every time I've been to UVA, I've met some good people so I feel kind of bad that UVA gets the rep that they do. Well, I'm sure there are people that go to UVA that give it a bad name, but I don't know the guys last night were definately better than all the guys that I've met at Tech this semester combined. And here's where I'm torn. At the beginning of Winter Break, I knew that I wanted to stay at Tech. Earlier in the year, I thought I wanted to transfer to UVA and was planning on following through and actually transferring my second year. Well at the end of semester I decided I would stay, but now I'm not sure what I want to do. A part of me still really wants to go to UVA and going to Charlottesville doesn't help. I'm not quite sure what I want to do, I'm leaning towards transfer? I know, you guys are going to hate me if I do it, but I don't know, it's just something that I feel I have to do. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind again. Everyone knows I'm indecisive. And don't think I'm going to UVA just because I liked the people I met this weekend. It's not that if that's what you're thinking. I would never go to school for somebody else other than myself. So who knows. We'll see if credits could transfer and if I could still do London next year... decisions. Gah. Plus, it's closer to home so the parents would LOVE that. So I guess we'll see how this semester goes and then I'll decide, but until then I guess I'm just going to keep on keepin on.

No comments: