Sunday, November 06, 2005

A Heartbreaking Loss...

So I'm sure you guys watched the game yesterday or heard people talking about it. It was devestating. To make it this far and have everything slip from under you on YOUR homefield hurts. I'm generally not a huge sports fanatic, but when it comes to Hokie Football it's a different story. My heart hurt during the third quarter yesterday. I couldn't bear watching what was happening. I'm not even going to lie. We played terribly yesterday. I've never seen my team play that badly ever. It's just sad because this is our year to prove ourselves as a solid team, a lot of different people have been saying that last year was just luck. We started the season 8-0, number one in the ACC and 3rd in the Nation. I didn't even check our rankings this morning, I was too sad to. Anyway, I don't really know what else to say. I'm sad, obviously. This hurts. I talked to Patrick who was nice enough to proudly wear a Virginia Tech Orange Effect t-shirt yesterday after the game and he sent his condolences after watching the whole game from Wake. Jason also called this morning to tell me how painful it was for him to watch the 4th quarter. Well, I guess this goes to show you can't think you're invincible. I think this is a good humbling experience though. Live and learn right?

Here's an article that details the game if you missed it which may have been impossible since "all eyes from New York to California were on Blacksburg" according to ESPN on Friday.

ESPN Article

No comments: