Wednesday, November 30, 2005

"When you told me about losing your virginity
your eyes drifted into the scene and I wanted to be there
to shake you and say wait, damnit
wait for me."

- Derrick Brown

These days it seems like I cannot get enough of Derrick Brown. That was an excerpt from his poem (one of my now favorites) called "Unsent." This stanza particularly caught my attention. I mean how many times have you or someone you've known thought that? "Wait, damnit, wait for me." Le sigh... Now this is getting a little too sentimental.

On another note, it stopped raining in Blacksburg, but it got a lot colder. Ironic isn't it? Actually, not really this is Blacksburg where you can have 4 seasons in a day. Anyway, I guess I don't really have much of an update today. It's crunch time for everybody so that's what we've all been up to. Patrick has to write his thesis. :( I sent him a card, but he doesn' t know it yet, so hopefully he'll get it soon. I accidently smeared the ink so I'll probably get made fun of because it looks like a disaster. I'm telling you ball point pens are > than gel pens for that reason.

In other news, a professor informed me that next year's incoming freshmen will be required to bring a laptop to school. I mean I guess they can have desktops in their rooms, but they will be needing a laptop in all classes meaning that the paper and pencil are on their way out and it will take 4 years to do this (obviously since they're not going to make seniors get new computers). I guess they're really emphasizing the Tech in Virginia Tech. Virtually every place on campus is wireless now so I guess that makes sense. I think it will be interesting to see how this all plays out. I know I am easily distracted and with wireless capabilities in all buildings, I don't think I'd be able to pay attention. However, I heard that they are making all intro professors change their way of lecturing to accomidate this process. I think this may have something to do with the top 30. Thought's anyone?

No comments: