Tuesday, November 01, 2005


Give me a place to go, and I'll be there.

After months and months of believing my CD mixes were superior, I finally gave in and got an iTrip yesterday when I went to Christiansburg to get Turtle accessories for the turtle Keirn is expecting to come in this week. I knew this day would come. Even though the "James Dean is Dead for Good" mix that Keith made me will forever remain in my car because it's probably the best CD ever, my iPod will now be accompanying me on my roadtrips. My 6-disc CD changer is no longer of use. :( It's a sad period in the History of Mary's roadtrips. Although, I am quite excited to learn how this thing works and have thousands of songs at my disposal. I guess in the end being stubborn got me listening to songs on repeat. So here's the deal... if you are about 2 hours or less away from Tech, let me know if you'd like to get together some weekend (that is, if I know you). I'm a lover of roadtrips and an iTrip optimist... I mean, they do call it iTrip for a reason.

In other news... the song that has been on repeat today is "Needle in the Hay" Elliott Smith style. I haven't listened to this CD in awhile and I put it in rotation this morning and can't get enough of it. It's like a rebirth of sorts... or a CD rediscovery. Call it what you want, you know the feeling.

I'm thinking about going east to UVa November 11th ish to go see Army of Me play at Starr Hill with The Washington Social Club. I'm not entirely convinced I should go yet, so someone please convince me or give me another alternative. I am a huge Army of Me fan but I feel like I can see these guys all the time.

I also met with Dr. S today to talk about a possible 2006 Italy trip. This is a really last minute decision and there are possibly two spaces left so Jerry and I figured we would go together. The details are a little fuzzy. He'll get back to me by tomorrow to see if we can make it happen Spring semester, but I am so excited regardless. We'd be staying in Riva on the border of Switzerland and they dont' speak English there so that's exciting. Also, we'd be staying on the waterfront and classes would only run Monday through Thursday and we'd have 3-day weekends to explore and tons of excursions that they have planned for us. I'll keep you guys posted on what's going on but until then I will continue to have these butterflies in my stomach. I'm STOKED.

No comments: