Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mood: Chipper.

(That was so LJ, sorry... at least it didn't say "nostalgic" or "indifferent" or "melancholy")

In an earlier post, I said I would talk about my excitement over a poetry book so here I am delivering the news to the 2.5 people that read this.

I've been trying to track down a poetry book by Derrick Brown (former lead singer of The John Wilkes Kissing Booth) called "If Lovin' You is Wrong, I Don't Wanna Be Wrong" for the past year or so but nobody had it. I went to multiple bookstores that just told me it was out of print, I even went to his website and... well, nothing. Even Amazon didn't have it. AMAZON! How does Amazon not have a book? It's 2005! Anyway, I actually e-mailed the author and to my surprise, he actually responded to my e-mail and said he still had seven personal copies left. He said it was "out of print" because he hasn't been able to find a publisher that he really likes but said that he could send me a copy since I really wanted one. I sent in my money ASAP and waited a week and there was nothing. Well, over break I checked my bank statement and it said he had cashed the check (thank you online banking, my life is amazing with you) so hopefully, this book will be waiting for me in my mailbox when I return to Blacksburg. One year and some odd days of anticipation... I am very excited (naturally). This book will be food for the heart... or at least I hope so, I'll let you know how it goes when I pick it up in my mailbox tomorrow (hopefully)!

PS: It took Matt and I 6.5 hours to drive to Blacksburg today to get back to school when it should have taken 3.5-4 hours. Holiday traffic/accidents are really no fun (obviously).

No comments: