Wednesday, November 09, 2005


New York and I shall reunite again.

And I'm all smiles.
Thanksgiving break is coming up and this will be the first time I go back home since I left for school. I can't wait to see my family and friends. Also, the first night I get back I will be going to the Bright Eyes concert and I couldn't be more excited (although I am going to be seeing Bright Eyes the day before with Pat in North Carolina... there's something special about it being in my hometown, plus I really enjoy Mr. Oberst's work so I don't think I would tire me two days in a row). Anyway, I was really looking forward to going home but my mother had mentioned something about possibly spending time at our beach house since I haven't seen it yet and I was really opposed to that just because Thanksgiving should be a time that you spend with your loved ones (or at least that's how I feel) but I told her it was up to her. Well, she just called me to tell me that instead of going to the beach we will be spending half my break at my Grandmother's house and the other half in New York. I couldn't have been more excited. This was like the time she called to tell me I was going to Cancun randomly. I fell head over heels for New York this past summer and I've been planning a trip with my friends to go back this coming summer and I've just been counting down the days to that, but being able to see it now in the Fall makes me really happy. I cannot wait. Moms are awesome, somehow they have a way of reading your mind. Also, I'm also really excited because Kathryn is going to be spending a weekend with us since she will be accompanying me to Bright Eyes. I have a feeling this break is going to be amazing.

No comments: