Thursday, November 10, 2005

I look at them and I think to myself, "that's love."

Today marks my parent's anniversary and my Mom's Birthday. My father called me this morning to remind me to call my mother and wish her a Happy Birthday (a reminder I didn't need because I had marked my calendar). Anyway, it was nice to talk to him and congratulate him on another year around the sun with my mother. Out of curiosity I asked him what he was doing for her this year, and as usual I got the same answer. "Oh you know, flowers and a cake." My dad isn't one to remember many details, but as far as Birthday's and anniversaries goes (he's a smart man, they're both the same day) he's got it down. Anyway, every year my dad goes to the man who made their wedding cake and gets a replica of the top layer of their wedding cake re-made. My mom loves it, as do my sister and I. He always remembers and he usually does this weeks in advance. I never knew he was that thoughtful. My dad isn't a very emotional person and I don't see him as being very romantic, but man.... that's love. To go as far as tracking down the guy who made their wedding cake so they could relive that moment years later is really sweet. I hope to one day have that with somebody...

No comments: