Thursday, March 24, 2005

I've decided that I really like this book I'm reading for my Anthroplogy class esepcially because it does things like hyphen the word "today" (to-day, looks weird but it's so cute). Also, upon reading this book, I have decided that I need to use words like "rendezvous" more often. Not only because it's french, but because it's dead. Nobody seems to use it anymore... so the next time I see you I may ask you if you would like to rendezvous it up later, but I promise I won't ask you like that. Ha ha.

It's gorgeous out again today! I think I'm headed downtown a little later with Claterbodizzle. So that should be fun. :D

And now for the bad news...

I talked to Kathryn who's currently home for easter (yeah her school loves their students and decided to give them like a whole friggin week off - Common Virginia Tech, some of us celebrate easter! GOSH) and she told me that her dad informed her last night that they are moving to North Carolina by the end of the summer to which I responded "that's not allowed." Her mom is moving to New Jersey so there is no way she'll be able to stay in Virignia (it's no California, but when you're with you're friends, you're home). Anyway so she's moving to Hickville, North Carolina, population: Kathryn. This is so sad. Even though North Carolina is less than an hour away from Tech, I'll be home (in Northern Virginia) when she goes South so the chances of me seeing her during breaks are slim. Most of our breaks are the same anyway so it's not like I can just get in my car on a random weekend and drive down to North Carolina from Blacksburg. This is the saddest thing ever. Kathryn pratically lives at my house during the summer, we see each other every day... I suggested that she come live with me because my mom honestly wouldn't care. I'll adopt her and be her legal gardian. She's not allowed to move. Rachel sent me a message today and she was really sad about it. You can't break up the trio. You just don't do it. And even if Kathryn ends up living with her mom, she's still in Jersey a fun 4-5 hour trip. I guess this means we have to make this summer a good one. Everyone's parents are moving away now that we're all in college. My parents told me they either wanted to retire in Florida or Myrtle and they're planning on retiring when I graduate from Tech so it's soonish. I told them Florida is way too cliche and there are too many hurricanes and that would worry me and that Myrtle Beach sucks because STDs spread like a wildfire during beach week. Also, the fact that beach week happens by your house is kind of gross. We all know what goes down at beach week, I would not want my cute really young retired parents around really old retired people and really hormonally charged gross walking STDs. There is just something that unsettles me about that. So I suggested moving to Charleston, South Carolina which is gorgeous and cute and fun and sunny with lakes and dad can get a boat! Yay. Anyway, as for me, I think I'm pretty set to stay in VA no matter what my parents decide to do because my dad bought me a condominum for after college and right now it's just our place by the bay, but I guess after tech and gradschool, I'll take over. But anyway, back to the topic, Kathryn is leaving and I'm really sad. Ha ha gosh it sounds like I'm breaking up with someone... ha ha jk... but seriously, I will miss her tons, but I guess that leaves room open for suprise roadtrips to Hickville, North Carolina... Population: My best friend.

No comments: