Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Update on the situation with my Valentine.

So tonight, I asked Kaj what was up with the whole Chris Paul situation at the game against NC State because I was kind of caught off guard when Josh told me about it. Chris Paul is a great guy, he would never do something like that. So here's the real story via Kaj and the news... NC State's fans had made up a cheer about Chris Pauls grandfather who died his Senior year and that took a huge emotional toll on him leading him to do what he did. I mean of course it's not justified for him to take it out on one of NC State's players and all that... but I kinda see why that would just drive him off the wall. It's one thing to directly attack a player by chanting things like, "Paul you suck" or whatever because it happens at every school, that's just our ironic way of flattering really good players... (you wouldn't be booed if you were so good - I mean Paul was voted best player in the nation), but when it gets personal and you start chating about people's families espeically members that have passed away, that's just low. That's actually beyond low. Whatever happened to our gentlemen of the south? It disgusts me to no end. First of all, who would even come up with a cheer like that, and secondly who would think that it was such a good idea and join in? It really shows bad character and you make your school look shitty. I have no respect for NC State whatsoever. Paul, I can forgive, I mean he's benched the next game... but attacking someone like that is unnecessary and I'm really disappointed in the way people abase themselves in the manner that they do and act like it's okay. It's sickening.

Go Demon Deacs!

No comments: