Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Surprises!

Today I learned that a good friend of mine (Beatriz) who I met when I first moved here in 6th grade is now expecting her first child. I haven't talked to her in awhile, I mean we talk from time to time but those are the rare occasions. She's a year or two older than me, I think it was two years because she moved here from Venezuela and had to start over again, however she ended up moving away and skipping a year in High School. The last time I talked to her, she told me she got married and I was thrilled. She went to college for a short period of time on scholarship but realized that's not what she wanted, and got married soon after. I'm so happy for her. Though these aren't the choices I would have made, I'm glad she did what made her happy. And now she's expecting her first child! :D I can't believe it... my friends have started familes! I'm starting to feel old, but it's a comfortable old. I guess we're all growing up. I think I've had a hard time admitting that to myself. But now I think it's hit me and I'm slowly accepting it. This is it guys... this is our time. And as for Beatriz, I'm so glad she was able to decide what she wanted to do with her life. I mean that's more than I can say for a lot of people I know. No one is ballsy enough to just do what they want to do, I hear people complain about college and how they hate it so much (I on the other hand am having so much fun) but they never do anything about it. They sulk. If you don't like it do what makes you happy or else you're just going to regret it. Take a year off and go backpacking, do whatever - follow your heart. I'm glad she took a chance and I'm so glad that it all worked out and that she's happy.

No comments: