Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day at my Grandparent's house reaffirmed how awesome my family is. And I mean it.

My 6 Year Old Cousin Justin.

I haven't seen him since Christmas and I feel like I've missed out on a whole stage of his life. I got to see him again today and he is hilarious. Too intelligent for his own good (I hear he got into a great Charter school and I'm so proud) and exceedingly witty. His family is quite wealthy so he is naturally used to the finer things in life. He probably has one of the most sophisticated palates I have ever encountered for a kid his age. Today he said, "Mary, I enjoy eating farm grown tuna, rockfish, and salmon." I gave him a hug after he told me this. It was so cute and something so charateristic of his lifestyle. I love the little guy. Did I mention he is fluent in 3 languages? He also crushed my ego today when he told me that his first year in kindergarten yielded 4 girlfriends. I can't even say that for my first year of college. :( What really made me laugh was when he said, "I've had 4 girlfriends this year, but I dumped them all. I like dumping people it's fun. I only ask girls out so I can dump them. " Ha ha... what a heartbreaker. He's adorable. PS: On occasion he will wear cologne and flip his polo collar up. :D

My Grandma

She is an amazing woman. I absolutely love her. Today she was holding Justin's younger brother Tyler (who by the way is the cutest baby I have ever seen, he smiles all the time and doesn't do much else) in the kitchen and I came and said hi to her and she asked how my year in college was and if I found a nice young man yet. I told her "no" because that's the truth. I mean I didn't have a full on relationship with anyone this year. And then she goes so lots of guys that are "just friends," and I said yeah. Then she gives me this look and says, "I understand," and then winks. Ha ha. I think I was a little embarassed. Somehow you can't seem to slip anything by her, she knows she knows.

My Grandpa

This man is hilarious! I adore him. He is so easy-going and relaxed all the time. Always up for a good laugh. Always making sure everyone around him has a good time. Just such a fun fun person. Anyway, I was wearing a green cami today and he ran through the sprinklers with my cousins today so he got wet and changed his shirt. He came out wearing a green button down yatch shirt and comes up to me and says, "Hey, we're looking good tonight! We match" and then he proceeds to high five me. :D

I had such a fun day today. All the uncles and aunts were there as well as many many generations of my family. It was so good to see everyone again. I'm sure all the men in the family would have agreed. We all really enjoy each other's company and I think that is sadly rare. We never ever fight at family functions... I think we just genuinely enjoy being with one another. It's been a good one. Can't wait to do it again. I should probably go, I smell like baby and should probably do something about that... (I was holding Justin's little brother Tyler most of the night) so... to you and yours, I hope you had a good one too.

No comments: