Thursday, June 30, 2005

Fanfuckintastic night. Rain and all.

And tonight Nina and I checked "driving through a toll booth half naked while the guy refuses to open the gate" off of our list of things to accomplish in this lifetime.

Man tonight was amazing. Matt is the BESTEST friend a girl could have. He told me semi-last minute that he could get me into the Howie Day/Gavin DeGraw concert. I wasn't going to pass up a free concert, especially if Howie Day was going to be there. So of course I went and my jebus, Matt hooked us up. It was so HOT. Not only did we get to park in the VIP area but he even walked us through the gates to the arena too. We had lawn seats of course since it was a sold out show, but it was a lot of fun anyway. We bought Panera sandwiches and made friends with people around us and then the rain started pouring. The nice family behind us gave us one of their umbrellas but after awhile it got so bad that the umbrella didn't really do much so everyone on the lawn kinda just embraced the rain. So we sang and danced, soaking wet, together. It was a beautiful experience. PS: There was lightning during the Howie Day set and it was so perfect because it would strike at the most appropriate moments. I probably sound crazy right now, I guess you had to be there. This was definately a first for me. Lawn wasn't that bad, the rain kinda sucked, but I think it really added to the experience. Even Howie Day said so. Oh also, during the song Collide Howie stopped towards the end and some guy proposed to his girlfriend and I think Nina and I just died. It was so sweet. I'm thinking any guy that was there was probably like damn, now I'm gonna have to try to top that. Of course his girlfriend said yes. Could you imagine how amazing that would be if somebody did that for you? I'd say yes if I were her too. It was so cute. I'm not gonna lie, the thought of "why can't I have somebody like that" did cross my mind. It was sad. Moving on, Gavin was so fun. By then we had sorta dried off and everyone was dancing. We had a grand time. The way out also rocked because we were in the VIP "we're the shit" parking lot so we got out 70 times faster than everyone else because they let our lot go first. Matt is effing awesome. I less than three him for sure. Then on our ride home, we were forced to take the toll road because they closed off exits to 7 for some reason. Anyway, Nina and I had taken off most of our clothes because we were still really wet and turned up the heat in the car in attempts to dry off. We kind of forgot we were half naked though and we went through the toll booth and the guy just stared at us for awhile and that's when I started cracking up. I was so embarassed. Anyway, he took forever to open the gates which was just really awkward. But we thought it was pretty funny though. I wonder what was going through his mind. I felt really cool except not at all. Now I'm home and dry and it feels fabulous. This was definately an eventful night. And tomorrow... it's off to two weddings. I guess I'll be back sometime next week depending on if I want to stay longer or not. So I suppose you will hear from me then. Look forward to Howie/Gavin concert pics. :D

PS: Matt is awesome. Really awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

female body building pic is a great resource for this type of thing female body building pic

Anonymous said...

saab spg is another saab spg place to check out.