Thursday, June 09, 2005

Update from our boy Andrew McMahon.

As many of you know or don't know, on June 3rd his record label issued a statement saying that his Laryngitis had turned out to be Acute Lymphatic Leukemia. Soon after I learned the news, I got a call from ticket master saying that my tickets for Jack's would have to be refunded because they wern't going to be rescheduled anytime soon... no kidding! I was in shock at first, but I'm sure he's in good hands and wish him a happy, painless and quick recovery. Here's what he had to say about it:

And suddenly, everything had changed...again
The statement I am about to make is not an easy one. As some of you may know I was hospitalized last Friday, upon receiving unsettling results to blood work taken by my doctor in New York City. I had visited him after canceling a show in New Jersey due to frequent and uncommon voice problems I was having on a recent tour with my new project, Jacks Mannequin. He decided upon seeing me that my pale complexion warranted some tests to be taken. A decision, which in retrospect, marks a substantial shift in the course of my life. I was admitted on Friday and spent the following days awaiting results of a bone marrow sample taken from my hip. This Wednesday my doctors officially diagnosed me with Acute Lymphatic Leukemia, otherwise known as (ALL). I know this news will be met with both shock and concern and want you all to be aware that this disease, though difficult, is highly treatable and completely cured in most cases. I feel extremely strong in spirit and I am ready to meet this head on and beat it. I am a natural born fighter with an immense amount of love and positive energy inside me. I am not only confident but I am certain I will come out of this a stronger human being with a greater understanding of life and my place in the world. Even as my words reach this page I feel the strength of my family, friends and those who will read this inspiring me as I make my way home to Los Angeles to undergo treatment. Rest assured the doctors we have assembled are the best in their field. My care will be both personal and on the cutting edge of Leukemia research. As for the release of the new Jacks Mannequin record, "Everything in Transit", my label has honored my wishes to hold to our intended august 9th release date. I believe music to be the greatest natural healer and it is important for me to share this collection of songs with you all as I embark on this unpredictable voyage. You are all in my heart. Be well and I will see you soon.

No comments: