Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I'm hearing wedding bells...

... to the point where it's deafening

I went to Starbucks with a few guy friends of mine the other day just so we could catch up and bond again. (Man, that just sounded cheesy) Anyway, my friend Kaj told me that a girl that we graduated last year is getting married. I'm thinking to myself... ANOTHER ONE?! Am I missing the train here or is everyone else just moving ten times faster than I am? Thoughts aside, we kept talking and she's indeed marrying the guy she dated in High School who was a year younger than us and just graduated last week. I wish them the best of luck and I am so happy that they were able to find each other... it seems like the overall consensus while we were out for coffee and discussing this topic is that we're pretty much all at that point in our lives where we just want to be in a committed relationship. Not necessarily meaning we want to get married anytime soon, but it would be nice to have a steady relationship with someone. Though we were all really happy for this couple, I think we all came to the conclusion that neither one of us could do that right now. She dropped out of college and he's going to be working for his father's company next year and if he can provide for her than that's great. But honestly, I think it would be good for her to finish college because it's such a wonderful experience. I feel like she would be missing out on a lot if she did. But if they feel that this is what's right, then that's great! If it were me, I'd really like to be finantially stable and all that before I took the plunge and I think all the guys (Colin, Kaj, Matt) I was with were on the same page. There's way too much out there to see, it's not like being married would hold you back, but when you're married, you constantly have to think about what's best for both parties. It's like your thought process switches from "me" to "we." I don't think I'm ready to do that full time yet... and that' s okay. PS: I'm going to two weddings this week, and I'm leaving thursday. I'm happy for all these people, of course they're a bit older, but, I'm going to have a lot of time to reflect on the whole marriage deal. I'm pretty sure I'll come to the same conclusion that I've come to now: I don't want to be married anytime soon.

No comments: