Thursday, September 30, 2004

FUCK "LOVE"

I hate love. I hate the concept of love. Because it doesn't fucking exist. I'm okay with that because tonight I've come to the conclusion that maybe I have my hopes up. Maybe, I should just settle for something not even worth settling for because I'd rather do that then wait around and find "Mr. Right" or "Mr. Perfect" The search is now on for "Mr. Real" because Mr. Right and Mr. Perfect have teamed up and died. Why bother trying to find something that you'll never have. It's just a waste of time and effort so I'm not even going to worry about it. Why? Because I can. I always wondered why people stayed with others that made them so sad, ones that would even make them cry every single day. "Love hurts" they would answer. Shouldn't love fucking be euphoric bliss? This is evidence that it's not. Don't tell me I'm being emo, do not tell me I am out of line because frankly, YOU have probably been in a relationship similar to the one I just talked about. You guys kill me.... watching you kills me... listening to you kills me.

I hate it. I HATE LOVE. I'm not being cynical. It's something that's so unattainable that reaching for it just makes you feel worse. You wonder why people like Conor Oberst are the way they are... and it's because they can't keep putting on a fake smile anymore, they can't take watching others fall into their downward spiral, pretending that everything is okay. It's NOT okay. Everyone else is jaded by this concept and will continue to be. They'll get married, buy that 4 bedroom house, park 2 mercedes in front of it, have 3 children and pretend to live happily ever after while they have affairs with their co-workers, their kids do coke, and they commute 1 hour to work every morning. They're all miserable. He knows they're miserable. Why go through all that trouble to be so fucking miserable? WHY?

It's not even worth half the trouble you go through. It's not worth wasting your time or heart on.


I want a lover I don't have to love
I want a boy who's too drunk to give a fuck
Where is the kid with the chemicals
I've got a hunger and I can't seem to get full

No comments: