Tuesday, September 21, 2004

So this was my away message:

Debating whether or not to study abroad in London next fall...
Thoughts anyone?

And these were the responses:

tigatiga88: bad food worse weather
tigatiga88: i bet you could be so emo over there though
e n u M 3 r i x: no thats gay
JanieKate04: yes!!!!!!!!!!

Clearly they want me to stay so they can spend their days in my presence... jk. I want to stay, but I mean it's frikin LONDON! There's something magical about it - so it may not always be sunny clear skies but hey it's expected right? This is an experience of a lifetime and I know I need to go somewhere. The past 4 years have definately not been the best 4 of my life and it's fun here and all, but I think it would be nice to get away from all the craziness. I have way to much on my mind, too many expectations to live up to... from different people. Friends and family included.... moreso friends than family. My parents are all for me traveling. My mom is really exicted, I brought it up in conversation earlier today and she told me to go for it. My dad will probably just tell me to do what makes me happy so I figure he is all for it as well. My friends on the other hand say no. Maybe I need to get away from people I know. I love you guys, I do... but it's just, I don't know. There's too much to deal with, sometimes I just can't handle it. Especially when things happen and they're so trivial. Nobody is guaranteed another day so I don't even know why we let certain things get to us. I just think leaving will be a temporary solution to all this commotion and all this spinning... "My head's a carousel of pictures, the spinning NEVER stops" <~ Conor Oberst couldn't have said it better, but it's so true. I can't deal and it seems like there's always so much going on and nothing is ever clear and it would be nice to be able to start over fresh and temporarily erase everything even if it IS just for a semester. I know most of you are thinking, hey maybe she's running away from her problems and yes, that is partly true. I also love England so why not run away to England? And just think if I were based in England I could go to other countries over the weekend... Sounds like a good plan to me but there are also things keeping me here so I don't know...

What do you guys think? Carden and Matt vote no. Jane votes yes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greg says...

Go to London! GO! You would be crazy not to. You won't ever experience anything like it in your life. Sometimes you just need to run away from your problems. Don't listen to what anybody else says. Do what you want to do. Personally, I think that you already made up your mind and you know that you're going.

I know you too well.