Tuesday, September 14, 2004

I got an e-mail from Colin last night and it made me happy. This is what it said:

Yo Finches!
I'm catchin you on the filpflop to tell you my purevolume.com shit is up! YEAYUH! yeah, dude, wouldn't it be cool if when i visit tech that u set up a show for me and i could put in on the site. you could perform with me. Galapagos Finches would get her start as young and bright emo-minded rapper from No. VA! anyways just a thought cuz it would be so damn funny. hope college life is treating you well. still missin you homie. KEEP IT REAL! peace.

http://www.purevolume.com/genmackaddysscottishninjajigband

GO THERE!

- Colin

Colin is the best. He calls me "Finches" because it's short for Galapagos Finches... confused? - Let me explain. So we were joking around the other day and I told him that if I were to ever become a rapper (highly unlikely, but hey it could happen) my name would be Galapagos Finches and I'd rap about evolution as in the evolution of the finches on the Galapagos Islands... see it all makes sense now doesn't it and it also makes me look like a frikin nerd. Anyway so that's what's up. Colin, which I'm sure you have read about is going to fucking LA Film School in November and living on Sunset Blvd. I'm SO jealous. I wish I was all talented or whatever and could go to a school like that. Seeing as I have a non-existant portfolio, that would never happen. But he is visiting in October with Jason so hopefully we can make some type of documentary or something.

I don't know about you, but it's definately time for a frikin break. I'm so tired of people and their non-sense. Don't get me wrong I love College and it's great, but sometimes you just need to clear your mind and have nights to yourself where it's just you and all of your memories... Ha ha... Donnie Darko "If the sky were to open up, it would only be you and your memories" <~ Good movie, watch it.

I talked to Keirn last night and she had to evacuate. Actually Tulane declared a state of emergency and everyone had to pack their things and leave. Classes resume next Monday. So she flew to Houston. I told her to fly to Tech or back to Dulles Airport so she can drive down to Tech but no she's in Texas now. Errrr. I miss her - I won't see her until Winter Break because she won't be back for Thanksgiving! :( She told me to just go over to her house anyway because her mom would want to see me. I miss her family - they were my second.

It's only Tuesday. And now it's becoming more apparant to me now that I LIVE for the weekends. Which is kind of sad. But in all seriousness, I have nothing else to look forward to other than Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday mornings where I don't have to wake up. How college of me? Ha ha...

No comments: