Monday, September 06, 2004

"If he opens his mouth and does not have an accent - GIRLS WILL BE DISAPPOINTED" ~ Kathryn on seeing a guy that was wearing a shirt that said 'British' on it.

So I got a Team Unity Bracelet and I feel so school spirited it kind of hurts. Because my school is big into football and because we're frikin ACC this year (heck yeah) there's this cool thing they're doing that is suppose to promote better sportsmanship. I'm sure most, if not all of you have seen the Live Strong wristbands that raise money for cancer. If you've walked around campus, you'll see that EVERYONE has one and because they're so popular here, our school decided to make cheaper versions of these live strong bands and instead we have orange rubber bands (not that heavy duty stuff that the Live Strong ones are made out of) and they say Team United on them and they've been selling these all over campus and giving them to the other teams that we play which I think is a cool idea. And a damn smart fundraiser too.

I went to UVA on Friday (if you couldn't tell from the previous pictures). I went with Sarah and Matty. Sarah and I stayed with Nina and had a blast. We met up with Kenneth and saw the hypnotist and then went to see Jack's House play and then we kind of all split up. I basically hung out with Kenneth the rest of the night until Nina and Sarah came back from Phi Psi (an exclusive frat that's pretty hard to get in). Matty drove us back to Tech but Christi came along and Saturday night we all went to the crew house. I went to a Crew party at UVA once and it was awesome and it was pretty awesome here at Tech as well so I'm convinced that the Crew teams are awesome no matter where you go. I also met a random guy outside my dorm named Richard... apparently he goes by "Dick" - but anyway Dick said we have a Phi Psi here too and that it's uber exclusive. Exclusive as in... you have to be on "the list" to enter. So maybe it's just one of those things they do. Who knows. This weekend was one of the best weekends I've had since the summer - I think most of that was because I spent time at UVA...

This morning however, was the complete opposite of my weekend. It just downright sucked. It was cold this morning - like 50 degrees cold and it was raining and I had an 8am class. After that, I came back and studied for the Bio test I would have later and then went to Psyc where I forgot my analysis of the experiment that I had to read about, but luckily my teacher is amazing and let me e-mail it to her because I was freaking out about it. You guys know me. I'm OCD about stuff like this. Anyway, afterwards I took the Bio test which was okay - I could have studied a little more, got out... AND it was STILL raining and it was just cold for the rest of the day. I was in a pretty bad mood just because everything was just bad this morning and I was really tired too. Kenneth Imed me and asked if I was okay which was really nice of him and we talked about it and he made me feel better. Then, I went to dinner with Jane (one of my hallmates) and it was awesome because we talked for hours about almost everything and it was just really good to have someone to talk/relate to. Then the rest of the night I did homework. Matty fixed my computer earlier today which was good. Really good. And as of now, it's still REALLY cold... and it still kind of sucks. Tomorrow, I don't have class until 11 so I'm looking forward to sleeping in... hopefully it will be a better day. Hopefully.

No comments: