Sunday, April 17, 2005

Since I don't feel like writing my Anthropology paper due tomorrow morning... I'll tell you guys all about Soundfest and The Juliana Theory instead!

Well last night was Soundfest... an annual event in which Virginia Tech invites many bands to come and show the student body that we are indeed loved by the people who run Buruss. It was free, which is already a plus. It was from 4- 11pm but I only wanted to see Hot Rod Circuit and The Juliana Theory so I didn't go at 4 since I knew they would playing at the end. I missed Murder by Death who I hear is pretty good... but oh well, I'm sure they'll be back. Anyway Hot Rod Circuit was pretty good... I always feel bad watching these bands play because they look better in girl pants then I do. The Juliana Theory was amazing. We were first row to the right of the stage. Brett Detar came and sang to us a few times which was pretty awesome... not gonna lie. He's a hottie, and he does this eyebrow raise/wink/smile combo all the time so Jerry and I pretty much fainted and died five times when he came and did that to us. They sang "Into the Dark" and that made me really happy. I could have left right then and been satisfied. Did I mention that Brett Detar is really sexy? He had this whole unconventionally hot Mick Jagger thing going on. It really worked for him. He has a great voice too, but I'm sure you know that. We got to meet him after the show because that's just how we do, and got some pictures taken with him. I really dug his hair, it was really cool for lack of a better word. He's a really really nice guy, AND he smells good... illegally good. He is always smiling, just looking at him made me happy. Just an all around great person. It was a great concert.

Jerry's brother Eric (who is going to UVA sucks next year) came to visit and came to the concert with us. He had a really good time and decided he wanted to come to Tech because they love their students here... Anyway, we took him to a party afterwards (it was cool because we had a car so we didn't have to wait for a DD to come). Little Eric Kim (who's actually taller than me) drank a lot. He saw Aristocrat and said "I love this stuff," to which I responded, never drink Aristocrat again. It's cheap gross rubbing alcohol... yuck. So he had a cup of Sprite and Everclear instead. I had Sprite, Everclear and Rum which is a really good combination. Sarah was at the Party, it was Adrian's townhouse so it was great becuase it was basically all of our friends just hanging out having a good time. They had really good beverages... Eric agreed. Jerry was DD for the night and drove back to campus and on the way back we got the urge to sing 50 nifty United States... I felt like such a loser, but Jerry reminded me this morning that she was sober and singing that song so it made me feel a little better. When we got back to campus, we went to DX - it's become tradition now... :P Now I think Eric regrets his UVA acceptance decision. I mean clearly everyone wants to be a Hokie.

And now... I should probably write my Anthropology paper about the Apendix of the book I had to read. Yes I read the whole book and my paper is only on the 3 pages at the end. Thanks life!

No comments: