Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Smooth sailing from here on out! :D

- Not only was it 78 degrees outside (just a few degrees above my ideal), but today marked the last of my hellish consecutive Test/Quiz combo days at the Math Emporium until finals.

- Zach who has been MIA for flippin 2 weeks randomly appeared in my room tonight to inform me that yes, he is alive and well... and to quote he also said, "I am going to chain Terri Bourdon to the back of my bicycle and drag her around campus" (For those of you who don't know Terri Bourdon, she is the Math Empo lady, and yes she is a nice woman, however she is associated with the math empo and our crappy tests... therefore, she has made it to the top of every VT student's hate list at one point during their collegiate carreers. This is now her time to shine during mine and Zach's.

- SoCo is going to be here tomorrow night. Yes, once again Andrew McMahon and Mary shall unite. Sweet it shall be.

- Earth Day is Thursday (even though it's really Friday) VT celebrates on Thursday. Yes, I have my shirt and I'm going to rock it like it's never been rocked before. Question is... do you have yours? If not you can pick one up on the drillfield on your way to classes. Be sure you get one early, they're limited and will sell out quick because they are hands down kick ass.

- And well then comes Friday... and what's not to love about Friday?

Speaking of not loving things... I gave blood today because the American Red Cross called last week and said there was a huge blood shortage in this area and they really needed doners. Since I'm all about saving lives... I happily signed up. It doesn't hurt, and if the situation were reversed, I'd want somebody to do the same for me. So anyway, I go to the Doner center today downtown and I've been there before to give blood and everytime, I've had a good experience, nothing went wrong. Well today was a different story. The person to took my blood inserted the needle incorrectly. I always give blood from my left arm and never has there been a problem. There was a big vein, even I could feel it... well, she missed it, took the needle out and reinserted, said my vein "moved" and missed again. Finally, she got it in so I thought the worst was over. Well a minute or two into the whole procedure, the blood stopped flowing, so she had to get someone else to come over and for the next eight minutes they kept moving the needle inside my vein and kept twisting it. It hurt so bad. I really wanted somebody to hold my hand. I have never felt that uncomfortable before in my life. They had two people watching me until I filled the bag which took approximately 10 minutes. I've been able to fill the big in less than 8 without having people move needles every which way inside me so I'm wondering why today was any different. Oh well, the worst is over, for real now... and I'm glad that I could saves some lives today even though it hurt. I figure, the people who need the blood are probably hurting a lot more than I did when I was sitting in that chair so... I'm not going to let a bad experience get to me. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your week, it's going to be gorgeous here, which is rare for Blacksburg so soak it up!

1 comment:

Michael L. said...

Hooray for not being bitter about bad blood draining people! I can't give blood myself because I lived in Germany until I was 2, but every time I get stuck with a needle my ears start ringing and it's hard to sit up straight cause I think I go into shock. So also hooray for being MIGHTY MARY compared to miniscule Mike.