Thursday, August 04, 2005


I went out with some friends last weekend to celebrate my Birthday before the actual day of my Birthday because everyone works during the week. Anyway, along with the most impossible to find Sufjan Stevens CD ever, Kathryn also made me a gift certificate redeemable at my favorite place to eat in town. Manhattan Pizzaria. Let me just say, the cheesefries there are incredible! We're talking... if there were to be an epic battle between all the best cheesefries in the world, this place would probably win hands down and then kick some more ass. Anyway, because this particular restaurant does not offer gift certificates, Kathryn decided to put to use her amazing computer skills (newly acquired might I add) to use and make me one of the best "gift certificates" I have ever seen in my life. It may not make any sense to you, but the fineprint at the very top is full of inside jokes. Ask me about it one day, and I promise you I will explain to you what they all mean. I was pratically in tears when I read this, Rachel was with me and she was laughing too. I really liked the last sentence, "This coupon has been authorized by the future President of America who unfortunately will be impeached six months after his election for being full of bullshit." Even if you don't know the guy, admit it, that was pretty damn funny! On another note since we're talking about my favorite place to eat... My goal this summer was to actually frequent Manhattan Pizzaria weekly and order the same thing every single time in hopes that by the end of the summer I could just stroll in, sit down at "my" table and order "the usual." I have about two weeks of summer left and... sadly, when I say "the usual" the waitress looks at me and has no idea what I'm talking about. WTF.

No comments: