Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Recap of my whirlwind of a weekend.
(I'll try my best remembering everything that happened, there was so much that went on)

Well as you can see/tell from the pictures posted below, the Board Reunion was a success except for the lack of guys. When Carden (who was unable to come because of a bad case of poison oak) heard, he wept. I think those pictures of the girl on girl dancing really tugged at the heart strings. Anyway, Friday night the Georgetown party flopped, but good times soon followed when we activated plan B which was just to hang out with Nina's close friends. A great group of kids for sure. We then decided it would be nice to surprise the kids in Richmond since they wern't expecting us until morning or noon the next day. We sobered up and drove to Richmond at 2am, got there by 3 called them and then chaos ensued. Hey, I'd be happy if we came too. :P Then, for the rest of the weekend wonderful festivities were the cause of our excitement.

Yesterday the Sigma's came to visit. I haven't seen them all summer and I've missed them so much. Between all my traveling and their busy work schedules this was the only time we could see each other. Yes, 11 days before we all got back to school. Better late than never right? We did lots of shopping yesterday, went to lunch and dinner. It was good times. I can't wait to get back to school and be able to see these girls every day. They are truly amazing.

In other news the parentals are out of town yet again, this time for a business trip in South Carolina. They work together, it's quite sickning. Anyway, they've left me to my own defenses, leaving me to fend for myself when it comes to food. Mom says this is for my own good, she knows I can't cook to save my life and thinks that these weeks where I have a house to myself will encourage me to go out and buy groceries and attempt to cook. Which is entirely true. I wanted a vegetarian meal so I decided to buy eggplant. (I always hear that eggplant is the vegetarian "meat" so, fine eggplant it is). One trip to Wegmans later, I came home with some eggplant, broccoli, linguini, pasta sauce, and bread. I breaded the eggplant and put it in the oven, steamed the broccoli, made garlic bread (we have a mix at home where you just add butter and voila... garlic bread!) Then I made pasta. It was actually surprisingly good. I made way to much. So today Kathryn is coming over after work to releive me of my bordom and lie and tell me my cooking is actually decent. What a good friend right? Anyway, I think I should have warned you to skip this section of my blog because it's probably just a waste of your life to read. Sorry if you've already read this.

Also, Peter Jennings died. I learned of this a few days ago, but haven't actually got a time to reflect seeing as I've been so caught up in visiting and visitors this past weekend. He died of the same disease that killed my Grandpa so it was no surprise when I learned of how quickly his health had deteriorated. It's so sad, but I guess when your time comes there's nothing that can be done. He led a great life and I really did enjoy his show. ABC lost a great man and so did we.

No comments: