Friday, August 19, 2005

New Year, Fresh Starts, New Outlooks.

So, I've taken a mini break from packing so I could reflect. I'm lying, I'm really taking a break from packing because I suck at it and don't want to do it. Next summer, if anyone wants to help me pack, feel free. I'm such a last minute person when it comes to this kind of stuff. Take last year for instance. I packed the night before I went to college and surprisingly didn't forget anything. So I guess there is a method to the madness? Maybe I just work better under pressure. The list of what to bring to school from collegeboard is really helping. That's what I used last year and it's pretty much amazing.

Anyway, I was talking to a friend of mine the other day and for some reason, we've noticed that everyone is way excited about this coming year. No one is nervous, maybe it's just something in the air. I feel it too. I think it's going to be a good one. This is going to be our year. With summer loves behind us, and another chapter in the book of life with pages ready to be filled... I am so ready to embrace it all. Summer was great. It's funny how the boys of summer start entering our lives at the last minute. Anyway, with that done and over with, I plan to make this year a good non BS one. I'm ready to meet new people and catch up with old ones (like Gabe who came back!), I'm ready for all the adventures that this new semester has to offer (Bright Eyes concert with Patrick, another long drive on a weekday), parties, new professors (please let me get into JD Boyer's class), Hokie Football, and the return to a place I never thought I'd come to love so much, Blacksburg. I cannot be more excited to leave tomorrow. And though I'll have to say goodbye to my friends here (and in some cases like Keirn, welcome her home, and say goodbye within the same hour), I know that I'll see them throughout the year. We have cars and the will to party at other schools. Sounds shallow, but that's the collegiate state of mind. Desole Mom and Dad. I've had a blast and I'm loving life right now. I love how everything is falling into place, I love the feeling I get just thinking about going back. I love the thought of seeing that boy to the school and hour and a half south of Tech. :) They wern't lying when they said that College would yield the best 4 years of your life. I've come to realize that and if you haven't, you will. So with that, I'm going to have to raise my glass to an amazing year full of ups and downs, but most importantly the company of good friends and the memories that we're about to make. I hope you'll join me and raise your glass to that too... TOMORROW NIGHT! :P

No comments: