Thursday, August 18, 2005

I've been getting some pretty excellent Facebook messages recently...

Here are a few examples:

From the one, the only, ever so awesome Gabe Deukmaji:

Subject line: Jimmy Buffet Party Friday

That's Right...In Honor of my Triumphant Return to School from Working for 8 months, i've decided to buy everyone i can find, a nice margarita! So get your hawaiian shirt and come on over Friday Night, 106 Collegiate Court Apartment 22, next to El Rodeo on Main Street! Call my cell if you want any more details...

-The Duke

*Note: the subject line itself just foreshadows how frikin awesome the message is going to be. Also, a little background info - gabe took a semester off of school to go to work because he got some really kick ass job. Anyway, let's just say that he definately knows how to make the most of his return to school. Also, it's not bad being his friend either... Free margaritas? Yes please.

Sadly, I won't be at school until Saturday and will miss this lovely occasion. His response is yet again another awesome one:

have no fear...there's always a margarita ready for my dear Mary at our apartment!

That's what I like to hear. Gabe Deukmaji... you are AWESOME. I'm so glad you're back.

From the too cool for words... Patrick:

Subject line: Upcoming Bright Eyes show and a cordial invitation.

Bright Eyes have released fall tour dates. Conor and the crew will be in Asheville on November 17. Planning on going to the show? Looking for a charming Chicago-bred, Wake Forest-educated individual to accompany you to the event? Just throwing it out there. Hope all is well. Talk to you soon, Mary.

-Pat

*Note: Again, check out the badass subject line foreshadowing good shit. Also, though this was a great message from a great person... all he really had to say was "conor" and I would have said yes. No need to try and convince me with "charming Chicago-bred, Wake Forest - educated" although those are not bad qualities at all... my love for Conor knows no bounds. I will go anywhere to see him play. If you didn't already guess, my response to this one was something along the lines of "duh, of course I'll go," but a million times more eloquent.

If you're ever trying to send a good facebook message... take note. These guys have got it DOWN. PS: I wouldn't mind getting more like these. Ha ha. :) I'm just pushing my luck.

No comments: